WarDucks is taking our next game (unannounced) to a whole new level! To accomplish this we are expanding our world class team. Our new lead game designer has worked on some of the biggest games in the strategy genre (more info soon) and our creative consultant John Romero has been involved in the creation of whole genres!
We are looking for game server developer who is passionate about game systems, and efficient code, to help us design and build our next title. You will be helping to create a game that will push boundaries and engage millions!
At WarDucks we are deeply committed to a healthy work-life balance for all of our team, and we make sure to have fun too!
As a game server developer at WarDucks, you are part of an agile, cross-functional and experienced team. You are part of the design process, using your technical expertise and game experience to help create the best possible player experience. While building games you’re also making thousands of decisions that have a big impact on our players. You will work as part of our server team, along with our client developers and games designers, to create awesome multiplayer games.
- Develop server-side game-logic using C# for our network connected multiplayer games
- Work with project manager to break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines
- Collaborate with the server development team, and front-end developers, to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Proven work experience as a back-end developer (3 years+)
- Expert knowledge of C# (other languages also considered)
- A keen understanding of real-time client-server architecture
- In-depth understanding of the entire network connected game development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience architecting highly scalable and highly available backend systems
- Experience with DevOps and deployment to cloud hosting platforms
- Familiarity with Unity game engine and mobile platforms (iOS and Android)Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude