We’re looking for an experienced Art Director to join us in creating an exciting and groundbreaking new mobile game!
We are looking for an Art Director to join our team! We are looking for someone who can provide creative leadership, drive the visual direction of the project, ensure cohesion in our art direction, and serve as a mentor to the art team as a whole!
At WarDucks we are deeply committed to a healthy work-life balance for all of our team, and we make sure to have fun too!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Develop and manage art pipelines and processes to optimize workflows within the team.
- Oversee the look and feel of a mobile game, taking an active, hands-on role in helping to develop, maintain, and refine game art.
- Responsible for the management of the art team.
- Responsible for the final visual effects in game.
- Ensure style consistency in characters and environment asset styles.
- Identify and solve all issues related to artistic needs including defining stylistic vision, establishing and maintaining aesthetic standards.
- Work with the development team to optimize game performance.
- Collaborate with the Design leads, to support and improve the game-play and narrative requirements of the game, offering art-driven solutions to design challenges.
- Responsible for directing all studio promotional materials.
- Source and manage artists, including creating briefs and managing outsourced artists.
- Regular art reviews to ensure quality, consistency and ensure the product meets the vision.
- Help to ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget.
- Help develop creative estimates and ensure high quality execution of all deliverables.
- Foster positivity and team spirit to build a strong cohesive team.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- 5+ year’s art direction leadership experience. Ideally in the mobile industry.
- Portfolio that exhibits personal and project artistic accomplishments.
- Knowledge of all art disciplines including: concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading and rendering.
- High standards for quality and good taste.
- Experience managing projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication.
- Experience working with Unity.
- A great passion for games, understanding of the casual market and ability to think out of the box, plus, knowing what makes a good game.
We currently do not require assistance from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be responding to applicants selected for interview. Thank you for applying and for your interest in WarDucks!