WarDucks has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Game Server Developer to join our team as we continue developing our unannounced and ground-breaking mobile game!
As a Senior Game Server Developer at WarDucks, you are part of an agile, cross-functional and experienced team. You are part of the design process, using your technical expertise and game experience to help create the best possible player experience. While building games you’re also making thousands of small decisions that have a big impact on our players. You will work as part of our game development team to create amazing new experience for gamers!
At WarDucks we are deeply committed to a healthy work-life balance for all of our team, and we make sure to have fun too!
- Develop server-side game-logic using C# for our network connected multiplayer games.
- Work with project manager to break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- Collaborate with the server development team, and front-end developers, to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
- Proven work experience as a back-end developer (3 years+).
- Expert knowledge of C# (other languages also considered).
- Experience with MongoDB, or other document databases (1 years+).
- A keen understanding of real-time client-server architecture.
- In-depth understanding of the entire network connected game development process (design, development, and deployment).
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience architecting highly scalable and highly available backend systems.
- Experience with DevOps and deployment to cloud hosting platforms.
- Familiarity with Unity game engine and mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
We currently do not require assistance from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be responding to applicants selected for interview. Thank you for applying and for your interest in WarDucks!