Allied Front Hotfix
Hello there Commanders!
Over the course of our release of V. 0.6.0 – Allied Front, we received a lot of feedback that folks were continuously getting stuck at the splash screens or were constantly exhibiting issues that prevented them from loading into the game.
After investigation we pinpointed this as likely due to an incompatibility with our Unity version and the latest updates to Android’s operating system. We have since updated Unity to a newer version, and have confirmed its compatibility with the new OS, and expect those blocking bugs to be resolved. If you are still experiencing issues loading into the game please let us know through Android’s Beta Feedback feature, or on our Discord.
We also discovered that once chat history became long enough it was preventing players from taking actions when loading into the game, and in general increased loading to an unacceptable threshold throughout the game. We’ve since made some fixes to the system to not have it impact gameplay as much particularly while loading in the first time!
We hope that if you were experiencing issues in the game, you’ll jump back in and give EoE another try! And if you’re still encountering issues don’t hesitate to reach out to us through our social channels to give feedback; there’s no better time than this early in the project to let your voices be heard. And without further ado, here are the patch notes!
Bug Fixes & Various Improvements
- Fixed a few major issues that prevented players from loading into the game, or caused them to get stuck at splash screens.
- Optimized chat to not cause so much delay when loading in with a large amount of chat history.
- Hopping between networks, or network instability can cause buttons to become unresponsive.
- Workaround: A hard reset (closing the app, killing it and reopening) should fix you.
- How to prevent: Make sure your network connections are stable and try not to play on the edge of your wireless radius or play in a place that will cause you to switch networks often.