We are looking for a Mid-level Game Developer, with a love of programming to work with us on a current title we are working on, a mobile game for children. This is a contract role to begin with an opportunity to expand into a permanent position. Ideally this person will have built Unity mobile games in the past.
At WarDucks we are deeply committed to a healthy work-life balance for all of our team, and we make sure to have fun too!
As a game developer at WarDucks, you are part of an agile, cross-functional and experienced team, building amazing games. You are part of the design process, using your technical knowledge and game experience to help create the best possible player experience. You are always on the lookout for ways to help your fellow team members, optimizing workflows and creating tools that enable others to be creative.
- Build high-quality games, always with the player in mind
- Design, implement and test game features and core systems in the game client
- Contribute to all parts of the game client, game logic, AI, graphics, and UI
- Create tools and workflows for designers and artists
- Optimize the game on multiple platforms
- 1-2+ years of professional game development experience (or a demonstrable portfolio)
- Familiarity with Unity Engine and mobile gaming environment.
- Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming and coding best practices, especially in C# and/or C++.
- Knowledge of game engine concepts such as lighting, shaders, materials, meshes, etc
- Capacity to prioritize tasks.
- Efficient communicator and ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Unity
- Experience writing shaders, either in code or using a node based editor
- Experience with mobile platforms
- Knowledge of Cinemachine, Animators and Zenject
At WarDucks, diversity, equality, and inclusion are core to our values. Our goal is to make our company a welcoming place for everyone. We encourage applications and actively recruit people from diverse backgrounds trusting that different perspectives, skills, experiences, and ideas make our games and our workplaces better. Diversity is more than just what one can see. A genuinely diverse company embraces neurodiversity, gender expression and identification, sexuality, socioeconomic background, and more. We are committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion and work to learn more daily.
We currently do not require assistance from recruiters or recruitment agencies. Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be responding to applicants selected for an interview. Thank you for applying and for your interest in WarDucks!